Thursday, December 23, 2010

CamSafe Anti-Theft Bags Contest from Pixel Pro Camera Stores and Wheninmanila.com

Vince Golangco the Editor-in-Chief of WhenInManila.com, together with Flaircandy.com and Pixelpro-online.com is giving away two CamSafe Anti-Theft Bags to: 2 lucky and creative writers/bloggers.




MECHANICS:

- Simply write a blog post regarding your personal relationship with your beloved camera.

- On your blog post (official entry), don't forget to include a link-back to: Wheninmanila.com, Flaircandy.com, Pixelpro-online.com and Vince Golangco's contest page: http://bit.ly/gQL5yR

- Add this paragraph to your blog post (official entry): WhenInManila.com and Pixel Pro camera stores are giving away CamSafe Anti-Theft bags and over P130,000.00 of other cash and prizes with their Picture Perfect Christmas contest! Find out how you can win here – http://bit.ly/iikRIe

- Lastly, POST a link of your blog/ contest entry on the Facebook Wall of When in Manila: http://www.facebook.com/WhenInManila


The Top 2 winners will be chosen/announced on December 28, 2010.

PRIZES ARE:

- 1 (One) CamSafe 200 Anti-Theft Bag for the 1st placer
- 1 (One) CamSafe 100 Anti-Theft Bag for the 2nd placer.

To know more about this contest, pls. visit: http://www.vincegolangco.com/contests/steal-these-camsafe-anti-theft-bags-contest-from-pixel-pro-camera-stores/

Good luck! ^_^


MY OFFICIAL ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST:

Being a newbie food blogger, I usually borrow my dad's refurbished digital point and shoot camera (w/c he got from his former boss) to take pictures of the food we eat. Since it is already refurbished and an old model, my dad does not really bother much on how I handle it. But during the times when my dad's camera is unintentionally left at home, I have no choice but to borrow my sister's digi-cam. Now, my sister, being a witness to my butter-fingers and on how clumsy I can be (I accidentally dropped my Aunt's brand new digi-cam while shooing a large fly) became so O.C. when she asks me to take pictures using her camera.
So, every-time-- she would constantly remind me: "oi! wear the strap!" OR "....don't drop this..."

Last month, my sister won an online photo contest. Her prize was a brand new digital camera--but seeing it to be a much cheaper model compared to what she is using, she decided to give the brand new one to me as an early Christmas gift ^_^ I opened the box on my bed to examine the content ^_^ (I don't want to repeat the incident when I dropped my dad's brand new-unused-3 hours old...portable external HD from Abu Dhabi--while opening its box)


Now that I have my own digital camera and; based on my experiences with my butter-fingers plus; my sister's constant reminders that are practically tattooed on my mind--I treat my camera as if it was a very expensive, top of the line, latest model D-SLR. ^_^

Before taking it with us on our food trips, I bought a small cushioned bag/pouch for it. And before using it/taking it out its bag, I make it a point to wear the safety strap first before finally pulling it out for everyone to admire ^_^

But there are times when we can't help it but ask someone (other than our most trusted friends and relatives) to take our pictures--using our precious cameras (and because I don't have a tripod). Last week, during a night-out/ food trip with my college friends, we asked a friendly service crew to take our group picture--using my camera....@_@


During that time, I felt uneasy, seeing and knowing that a stranger is holding my very first digi-cam. So even if it's embarrassing, I asked the kind waiter to put on the strap before taking our pictures. My friends even teased me, saying "ang arte mo naman..." (you are so fussy/meticulous) But I said to myself, "I don't care...it's better safe that way than having a broken/damaged brand new digi-cam, in less than a month after having it." ^_^

That night, I also took smaller group shots and even individual pictures. My friends, just like anyone, wanted to see the captured images. So they borrowed my cam. But once in a while I would make a glance just to check what they were doing with it, and I would see them pressing and pressing the buttons...Now, I know that it will not do damage but still, I felt like my digi-cam was being murdered. I felt uneasy...I wanted to tell them: "hey...pls. handle it gently..." But I didn't, because I know I was just being paranoid....^_^ After every picture op, instead of just placing it on top of the table, I would put it inside the pouch and zip it. Yes, it's a hassle to pull it out again and again every time we want to take pictures, but I want my cam to be safe that way...and it's a gift from my sister ^_^

Still then, when I got back home, I took my cam out (on the bed) and cleaned its entire surface and LCD with a soft cloth moist with alcohol. ^_^

When I transfer the pictures to our computer, I would gently plug the cables to it, then gently lay the camera down on the floor (still inside the cushioned pouch--just in case someone trips on the cables and accidentally pull the cam with it...)

I am even paranoid when it comes to its battery. It hurts my feelings when I see it half drained...and when I charge the battery, I make sure not to over charge it. 1 hour on the manual is 1 hour for me (and it's accurate! ^_^) I will not sleep until the battery is fully charged.

I think this attitude towards my tiny digi-cam, though weird, is quite healthy and appropriate. Especially, when my parents decides to buy a D-SLR by mid next year. Somehow, with this practice, our cameras and future D-SLR would really last us a lifetime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

WhenInManila.com and Pixel Pro camera stores are giving away CamSafe Anti-Theft bags and over P130,000.00 of other cash and prizes with their Picture Perfect Christmas contest! Find out how you can win here – http://bit.ly/iikRIe

No comments:

Post a Comment