Monday, December 27, 2010

Rare Leather Starbucks Planner contest by Brian Ong!

"Men fully alive, endowed with a passion for justice, and the skills for development."

Back when I was in high school my parents would tell me: "You know son, we've always wanted to enroll you in Xavier School and you sister at ICA, but we could not afford it." And during my times in college, I could not help but think and wonder, what would my collegiate life have been, had I studied and graduated as a proud Xaverian.



Why? because most people know, particularly those of Chinese origin (like my family), that Xavier School is one of the Top/Finest All boys-Chinese school in the country. Had I studied there, I would be speaking fluent Mandarin/Fookien by now, and I would have excelled academically all throughout my college years. I would have even gotten in, and graduate from one of the Ivy league. Maybe, I would have been a better individual had I been scholastically raised and molded by true Xaverian mentors. By now, I would have been a part of the creme dela creme of all collegiate graduates. Those people who excel and contribute to the society, those who create and invent, those who develop, such as this new URL shortener.

Photobucket


Nevertheless, past is past, I should focus on what I have now and whom I've become. Everything happens for a reason and, I should be thankful for whatever blessings I had and will continue to receive. Just like now, when Christmas day is already over and yet, a lot of people are still in the spirit of giving. Amongst them is Brian Ong of The Philippines and Beyond in partners with his uncle Mr. Martin Gomez.

They are giving away two (2) limited editions, Leather Starbucks 2011 daily planner to lucky bloggers. Just by following these simple steps:

- Answer any (or both in separate blog post) of these questions:

NOTE: (1 question = 1 blog post = 1 Starbucks planner)

#1: How did the true spirit of Christmas come alive in your Christmas?
 or
#2: How do you plan to plan your 2011 with a planer? 

- Post your answers on your blogs (ex. blogger, wordpress, facebook notes, multiply, etc)

- Be sure to link the contest page: http://xvr.in/k

- Use the Xaverian (http://xvr.in) URL shortener to shorten your blog post/entry URL.

- Promote the Xaverian URL Sortener in your blog post.

- Post your blog post's shortened URL as a comment on the contest page.

Criteria for Judging:
75% - Content (How you answered the question/s)
25% - Promote the xvr.in URL shortener in the most creative way possible. (Must be referenced in your blog post)

Deadline of this contest is on December 31st, 11:59pm.

For more info. you may visit the Contest Page at http://xvr.in/k


MY ENTRY FOR THIS CONTEST 

#1: How did the true spirit of Christmas come alive in your Christmas?

The spirit of Christmas came alive in my (our) Christmas in 3 ways:
#1 In the form of Giving.

My sister who recently won an online contest, brought home a brand new digi-cam. Knowing I am a newbie food blogger--instead of selling it and buying her much wanted cellphone, she unselfishly gave it to me as an early Christmas gift.


 #2 In the form of Forgiveness

Life as we know it, it is inevitable that petty quarrels, arguments and misunderstanding can lead to family feud. And not to elaborate further, our Christmas day ended with (whoever was involved) forgiving one another (whether he/she is right or wrong) Putting everything in the past and treated the special occasion as if nothing was wrong. Indeed, the Christmas spirit cleanses our souls...^_^

#3 In the form of Love 

The Christmas spirit/season brought much more love into everyone's heart.  The love that I know, will further nourish and nurture our family for more Christmas to come. Our family may be scattered throughout the globe, but certainly (thanks to modern technology), the love was felt by everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment