Saturday, November 6, 2010

Badger Sleep Balm - Review

Being an insomniac, anything that would help me fall asleep at night will surely entice me!

During a visit at my aunt's, we asked her a favor (since she frequents Rustan's)--to purchase us a couple of Badger Anti-Bug Balms when she decides to replenish her stock. That's the time she mentioned another Badger product called the "Sleep Balm"



Based on my tita's (auntie) experience with the product -- it helped her sleep. According to her explanation and description (which sounded like an exaggeration) the Sleep Balm seemed to have made her feel very sleepy that, as if, her head was being pulled  to her pillow. That's how sleepy she felt.

Now, being so ever desperate to get some good night's sleep or even some forty-winks, I got eager and asked her to get me one as well.

After a few days, we got our orders. I was so excited to try the Sleep Balm. So later that night, before going to bed, I applied a little (as instructed) on my temples, face, neck and upper lip. Then I lay down and waited (for that sinking/pillow pulling sensation). But it never happened. It's almost an hour now since I applied the balm, and I'm still wide awake. So I decided to apply more on my face. This time I used a generous amount, until my face was sticky and oily.



Half an hour past and I am still wide awake! I think it does not work...for me at least.

The next day, I made a research and found a youtube video regarding the same balm. And for the girl in the video--it made her fall asleep! According to her, she did not budge throughout the night, and she woke up late. That's how sleepy she got.

She also mentioned that she is not sure if the Sleep Balm would work on people with Insomnia. Then I realized, "oh, that's why!"

I'm still not losing hope. I've only used this product for like 5 times now. I thought, maybe, the full effect is hidden below the fist few layers of the balm. That maybe, what I was applying on my face was just beeswax and not enough of those ingredients that wold make me fall asleep.

Anyway, it also says at the back: "use it regularly and expect results". Hopefully, by the tenth time, it would work like magic. But for now, I will combine the balm with another sleep aid product called: Schiff Melatonin Plus.

Ingredients: *Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), Essential Oils of *Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot), *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Verbenone), *Zingiber Officinale (Ginger), *Abies Balsamea (Balsam Fir) and CO2 Extract of Zingiber Officinale (Ginger).

* = Certified Organic



You can only buy this in Rustan's Department Stores.

Price: Php 495.00  per 56g / 2 oz


RATING:

T.B.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment