Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Art of Poi and Fire Dancing (Part 3)

Finally, yesterday, my 1800mm Fire Staff has arrived! ^_^ weeeh!
I do hope that I picked the right length for me. I stand 6 feet and 2 inches. So I think a 1800mm (5 feet-9 inches) contact Fire Staff is perfect for me???? @_@


Hopefully, I can start practicing soon. I plan to officially baptize my fire staff on our family vacation this summer. So by that time, I hope, I should be able to spin properly without hitting myself and the ground.

Later, I might find a way to protect the wicks for my future training, because I know I will hit and scrape the rough pavement a lot. I do hope that the metal/aluminum tubing would be sturdy enough and would not bend from accidental dropping, hitting or scraping. I will do all my best to make my 1st fire staff last longer....

Does anyone would like to practice/train with me? Any PRO fire staffers out there? ^_^ Any tips and tricks for a newbie like me? ^_^

Thank goodness for DVD Tutorials like the one I blogged before.


Because, finding a staff instructor here in the PH would be difficult. Majority of the spinners/jugglers here concentrate on POI. So I guess it's all up to myself and my DVD.

Good luck to me then... ^_^

I wish I had a bigger, hotel suit-like bedroom...More space, higher ceiling and wall-to-wall carpeting. ^_^ Total contact fire staff friendly ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment