Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Authentic Thai/Cambodian Body Bags

Ever since I saw actors in movies, like, Aga Muhlach (Filipino actor in All My Life movie) wearing/using one, and also after my sister got home from a trip to Cambodia with two of it, I began to be so eager in having one myself.


And so, when my sister had a trip to Thailand, I asked her to get one for me. But she said. "sa Cambodia ko nabili yan--sa Thailand ako pupunta!" (I bought that in Cambodia--I'm going to Thailand!) but still I told her, just in case she sees one--pls. bye it for me. @_@

Luckily, when she got home...weeeehh! As a late birthday present she bought me a black Thai body bag,


It's similar to a Cambodian Monk Bag.

-picture from free2auction.com-

After that, I've discovered that a Thai restaurant near where I live, also sells products from Thailand. And some of them are bags. I saw square body bags ideally for women.

-picture from chiawy75-

And simpler ones that are unisex, just like Cambodian Monk Bags and the body bag my sister gave me.


They are quite cheap. The one with Batik/ Tie Dye design cost around Php 280 (can't remember exactly). The one with spirals are Php 200 (i think).

I bought one with the Tie-Dye design and a plain one that cost Php 150 (discounted since it's the last piece)




I think you can buy these in Thailand for about 100 Philippine Pesos, each.

If you are interested, you can buy one at:

Muang Thai (Authentic Thai Cuisine)

#138 Malakas St., Diliman, Quezon City (at the back of Philippine Heart Center)

Tel Nos. 927-4305 / 426-4123

They also have a branch in Banawe, although I am not sure if they sell it there.

#494 Banawe Ave., SMH, Quezon City
Tel No. 7418696

No comments:

Post a Comment